It’s that time of year again—time to send in your submissions for our annual boat dog cover contest!
Here’s How it Works:
- Submit a photo of your boat dog in the form below by June 24. Your dog must be pictured on a boat or near the water. Also keep in mind that we are a powerboating magazine (paddlecraft also welcome). If you would like to submit a sailing dog photo, visit our sister publication's cover contest at spinsheet.com/cover-contest.
- Vertical photos work best, with room for our header and cover lines.
- Only high-resolution (i.e. not blurry) photos will be considered for the cover.
- We love images of happy boaters, so don’t hesitate to send a photo with a dog and a person in it. If that person is a child, make sure he or she is wearing a lifejacket (properly), or we won’t consider it for the cover.
- Once the submission period has ended, our graphic design team will disqualify any photos that do not meet our printing requirements (any images that are too low of a resolution, are blurry or too dark, if a child was pictured without a lifejacket, and if there was not enough room in the image for our PropTalk header, footer, and cover lines). We will then let you vote for the winning cover!
- Voting runs Tuesday, June 28 through Monday, July 4.
- You may only vote once, so make sure to share the contest with friends and family and share it on your social media to get more votes for your dog. By voting, participants will be subscribed to our monthly email newsletter. You may opt out at any time.
- All photos will be eligible for voting, except those that do not meet our guidelines and/or printing requirements above. Our graphic design team will have to eliminate any photos that are too low of a resolution, are blurry or too dark, if a child was pictured without a lifejacket, and if there was not enough room in the image for our PropTalk header, footer, and cover lines.
- At the close of voting, the dog with the most votes will grace PropTalk's August cover.
You can also submit photos anytime for PropTalk's monthly boat dog feature to [email protected].