The types of clubs most often covered on the pages of PropTalk’s Cruising Club Notes section are such clubs that are comprised of boat-owners brought together because they 1) own the same brand of boat; 2) keep their boats within a certain geographic area; or 3) are fans and aficionados of classic boats or vintage racing models. All our boating club members tell us that what they enjoy most from club membership is the camaraderie, sharing of skills and experiences, educational and philanthropic club endeavors, and last but not least the delicious food and refreshing beverages that seem to be a part of most gatherings!
We would like to hear about what your boating club means to you. Send 300-350 words to [email protected]. We would also like to profile your stand-out club members. Send us a write-up or share their contact information, and we’ll take it from there.
Top 10 Reasons to Join a Boating Club
- Share maintenance tips.
- Socialize with like-minded boaters.
- Share ideas for cruising destinations.
- Cruise with a buddy boat or group of buddy boats.
- Expand your range of boating skills.
- Expand the geographic area in which you cruise.
- Have fun and enjoy good food and drinks.
- Get to know interesting people you might not otherwise meet.
- Share tips for destinations and knowledge of local waterways.
- Give back to the local community.